Williams ties for 52nd after finishing 1 stroke away from title in 2017
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. — After finishing second overall at the NAIA Golf National Championships a year ago, Embry-Riddle took ninth overall this year with a 91-over par 955 during the four-day event in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida.
Junior Elle Carlson turned in the top card for Embry-Riddle, finishing Friday with a 6-over par 78 to give her a 238 total, good enough for 36th overall.
Trae Jones, a senior, finished tied for 43rd with a 240 (+24), while 2017 national runner-up Jessica Williams was tied for 52nd with a 243 (+27). Nicole Lopes also finished 27-over par, while Megan Hessil was tied for 78th with a 252 (+36).
Brian M. Bergner Jr. is sports editor for The Daily Courier. Follow him on Twitter and Instagram at @SportsWriter52, or on Facebook at @SportsAboveTheFold. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 928-445-3333, ext. 1106.
More like this story
- Eagles finish runner-up at NAIA women’s golf championship
- Jessica Williams leads Embry-Riddle to Cal-Pac title, claims individual crown
- Embry-Riddle women’s golf tied for 9th after 2nd round at NAIA nationals
- Embry-Riddle women sit atop Cal-Pac leaderboard after day one in Mesa
- Eagles lead after day one at Antelope Hills