The Chino Valley cross-country team swept the Wickenburg Multiple on Wednesday, as six of its boys and seven of its girls placed in the Top 10 individually.
The Cougars’ boys were led by Andrew Skogen, who took second place in 20 minutes and 21 seconds. David Gehman (third, 20:30), Austin Crowder (fourth, 20:44), Phoenix Swiacki (seventh, 21:35), Jake Davis (eighth, 22:00), Auggie Grandy (10th, 23:42) and Jon Tupper (11th, 24:45) followed. The boys won with 24 points, followed by Parker with 55 points and Wickenburg with 57 points.
Chino Valley’s girls were paced by Emmeline Metz, who won the race in 25:56. Becca Tupper placed third in 26:58 and Lizzy Tupper finished fourth in 27:28. Other top finishers for the Cougars were Fabiola Morales (fifth, 27:45), Mya Pullins (sixth, 28:07), Kyra Mastin (eighth, 23:33) and Nayeli Saldana (ninth, 29:27). The girls won with 15 points, ahead of Wickenburg, Parker and Mingus Mountain Academy.
The Cougars next compete in the Payson Invitational at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 6.
Follow Doug Cook on Twitter @dougout_dc. Reach him at 928-445-3333 ext. 2039, or via email at email@example.com.
More like this story
- Chino Valley High runners show promise in Wickenburg
- Prep Cross-Country: Chino Valley's Skogen takes 16th at Payson Invite
- Two Chino cross country runners grab individual regional wins
- Cross Country crosses seasons' 'finish line' at 8th (girls), 10th (boys) in state
- Chino Valley harriers brace for Wherley Meet Saturday